National NDIS and Psychosocial Disability Quality and Safety Forum
An ACTIVITY OF THE Embracing Change project
Welcome to the NDIS and Psychosocial Disability Quality and Safety Forum (National Forum) virtual conference website presented by the Embracing Change Project, from the Mental Health Coordinating Council.
The National Forum was broadcast live on 29 April 2021 from the Aerial Function Centre at the University of Technology, Sydney with participants joining online and in-person. This Forum showcases a national perspective on NDIS psychosocial disability Quality and Safeguarding issues at the intersection of Mental Health and Disability.
This Program was designed for anyone interested in learning about psychosocial disability quality and safety in the NDIS, including:
- NDIS psychosocial disability service providers,
- NDIS participants with a psychosocial disability and their supporters,
- Community services and NDIS service providers interested in learning more about psychosocial disability.
About the Conference Resources Page
We encourage you to explore this Resource Page where you are able to choose from 4 Keynote Addresses and 2 Interactive Panels. Each video recording contains a Transcript and Slide Deck. You can also access a copy of full Slide Deck including a large print version.
The National Forum addressed a range of NDIS psychosocial disability quality and safeguarding themes including:
- NDIS psychosocial disability participant understanding of service quality
- Quality Management for NDIS psychosocial disability service providers
- Inclusive governance at the intersection of Disability and Mental Health
- Rights based approach to Restrictive Practice in a psychosocial disability context
Also available in large print here
The National Forum featured a number of high profile speakers and panellists including:
- Graeme Head, NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commissioner, NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
- Dr Jeffrey Chan, National Senior Practitioner, NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
- Dr Michelle Funk, Coordinator, Mental Health Policy and Service Development, World Health Organisation
See our forward-thinking, innovative speakers and panellists by clicking the button below
Embracing change webinars
Catch up on all of the webinars produced so far as part of the Embracing Change Project.