Frequently Asked Questions
How do I enrol?
- Check the course web page to check you meet the entry requirements.
- If you are enrolling in a nationally-recognised Certificate IV qualification, read the Learner Handbook to ensure you understand the course requirements.
- Complete an enrolment form found on the course page and email it to email@example.com or post to PO Box 668 Rozelle, NSW 2039
Does MHCC offer support to students who need help to complete their studies?
Yes, MHCC offers a range of support options for students who need help to complete their studies. For more information on the types of support available go to the Learner Support section of the Learner Handbook. If you would like to discuss these options further, please contact Student Support via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 9555 8388 ext 106
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
A USI is required for students undertaking nationally recognised training (qualifications, accredited courses, skill sets and units of competency) unless exempt. This includes international students studying in Australia. If you don’t have a USI you will not receive your qualification or statement of attainment.
Your USI will allow you to have online access to a record of the training you have done since 1 January 2015. You will also be able to produce a comprehensive transcript of your training. This can be used when applying for a job, seeking a credit transfer or demonstrating pre-requisites when undertaking further training. Creating a Unique Student Identifier (USI) is quick, easy and free.
- Create a USI here
- Not sure if you have a USI/find my USI here
- How to give permission to my Training Organisation to view my USI Transcript here
I have a question about a course. Who do I talk to?
You can contact Student Support via email email@example.com or phone 02 9555 8388 ext 106
What will MHCC do with my information? How is my privacy protected?
Who do I contact with assessment questions?
Please contact Student Support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 9555 8388 ext 106
When are my assessments due?
Assessments are generally due 6 weeks after attending training. Due dates may vary for subjects completed online or by assessment only.
Do I need to reference resources I use in assignments?
Yes. MHCC requires students to use the Harvard Referencing System when citing sources. You can download a summary guide here.
What do I need to remember when submitting assessments?
- Your name should be at the top of each page of your assessment & supplementary evidence.
- You must hand-sign and date the Assessment Record or tick the relevant box confirming your assessment is being submitted electronically. Typed signatures will not be accepted.
- Please remember to de-identify personal details when using real situations in an assessment. Guidelines on de-identification in assessments are provided in your Participant Handbook.
- You need to reference any information that is not your own work.
- Incomplete assessments will not be forwarded to an assessor for marking until all documentation is provided. Don’t forget to submit your signed Supervisor Report with each assessment, preferably in the same document.
How do I submit my assessment?
Assessments must be submitted to MHCC by email, uploaded to your Student Portal or mailed to MHCC at PO BOX 668, ROZELLE, NSW 2039. Faxed assessments are not accepted. Remember to keep a copy for your records and as a back up in case requested.
How do I apply for an extension?
Requests for extensions need to be submitted in writing to Student Support via email at email@example.com before the due date. Trainers are not able to grant extensions.
How long will it take for my assessment to be marked?
Provided your complete assessment is submitted by the due date, we will endeavour to have your marked assessment back to you within 6 weeks.
What happens when I get behind in my assessments or I feel I need some support?
Please contact Student Support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 9555 8388 x106
What happens when I miss a class?
Where possible, notify Student Support via email at email@example.com before the class if you are unable to attend, and you will be sent the Resource and Assessment books. The same assessment due date will apply unless discussed otherwise.
When will I receive my Online Student Portal login details?
You will be emailed your login details approximately 2 weeks after your first training day.
Are electronic copies of assessments available?
Yes, they can be downloaded from the Student Portal following training.
How much will it cost?
There are several factors that will determine this – including funding and your own personal circumstances. Refer to the Course Costs section of our website for more information.