Mental health organisations support people in distress every day. Now more than ever we need to support each other and work with community organisations and government agencies to get through this pandemic together.
We will keep the sector up-to-date through our weekly FYI newsletter, this website and email alerts as required.
Contact us about any issues or concerns or if you require further advice or information on firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest News (updated 19 July 2021)
Stay-at-home orders have been extended for the Greater Sydney region (including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour areas) until 11:59pm on Friday 30 July 2021.
Changes for residents in Fairfield, Canterbury-Bankstown and Liverpool local government areas now in effect:
- People living in these three areas can only leave their local government area to work if they are an authorised worker.
- COVID-19 testing every three days is required for all authorised workers who live in the Fairfield LGA and leave for work.
- People can go to work if they can’t work from home, if their workplace is still allowed to be open, and it is within their local government area.
Non-essential shop closures now in effect:
- Only retail premises providing essential products and services, including supermarkets, grocery stores, petrol stations, can open in the Greater Sydney area.
- Other retail premises in the Greater Sydney area must close.
- Stores can still operate click and collect and home delivery. Face masks must be worn and check-in systems used.
From 12.01am Monday 19 July:
- All commercial and residential construction and renovation work must stop.
- Urgent work that is required to ensure safety or to secure a site may be carried out.
- Cleaning, repairs and maintenance work can only be provided if it is essential to ensure the health, safety and security of residential premises, or in an emergency.
- Waste management services in common property areas of residential apartment buildings can continue.
Additional restrictions for Greater Sydney now in effect:
- Wearing a mask indoors: You must wear a mask in all indoor areas including residential building common areas. You do not need to wear a mask in your home.
- Wearing a mask outdoors: When you leave home, you must always carry a mask with you and wear it outdoors at markets, near retail, food and drink premises or when working.
- Travelling by car: You may only travel in a car with people you live with unless it is an emergency, for a compassionate reason or to provide care or assistance. Taxis and rideshares are allowed.
- Essential shopping: When shopping for essentials goods, people must stay within their LGA or within 10km of their home. Only one person, per household, per day can shop, and dependants are allowed if they are unable to stay at home.
- Working from home: Employers must allow employees to work from home if the employee is able to do so. Failure to comply can result in a fine of up to $10,000.
The five reasons to leave your home:
- Shopping for food or other essential goods and services (one person per household, per day), browsing in shops is prohibited.
- Exercise and outdoor recreation with no more than 2 (unless members of the same household) within your Local Government Area or within 10kms of home.
- Leaving home to go to work if you cannot reasonably work from home or you are an authorised worker living in the Fairfield, Liverpool or Canterbury-Bankstown local government areas.
- Leaving home for education if it is not possible to do it at home
- Medical care, including obtaining a COVID-19 vaccination, or compassionate needs, (only one visitor can enter another residence to fulfil carers’ responsibilities or provide care or assistance, or for compassionate reasons)
Please visit NSW Health for the latest information and case locations.
As of Monday 12 July, QR codes have been mandated for many businesses and organisations. NSW Government has issued a QR Code information pack to help you communicate these requirements.
Quick reference – resources to help you through lockdown
WayAhead | Workplaces COVID-19 support
WayAhead | Stress Less Tips
Black Dog Institute | COVID-19 Resources for Anxiety & Stress
Smiling Mind | Mindfulness in the home for parents and carers
Network of Alcohol and Other Drugs Agencies | Wellbeing video series
Lifeline | Working from Home Toolkit
SANE | Discussion Forums
Further Information on COVID-19
Department of Health – Health Alerts
NSW Health – COVID-19 updates
NSW Department of Communities and Justice – Info for Service Providers
NSW Government – COVID-19 Mental Health & Wellbeing
NDIS – COVID Info & Support
NDIS Quality & Safeguards Commission – COVID-19 information for people with disability
NDIS Quality & Safeguards Commission – COVID-19 information for providers
National Coronavirus Helpline: 1800 020 080
COVID-19 Disability Information Helpline : 1800 643 787
#GettingThroughThisTogether campaign by National Mental Health Commission
COVID Toolkits: NSW Government has released COVID toolkits for businesses:
Mental Health Support
Lifeline Phone – 13 11 14
Mental Health Line – 1800 011 511
Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Line – 1800 512 348
Western Sydney Help Line – 02 8890 5236
Australian Psychological Society | COVID-19 information for Australians
Being Mental Health Consumers
Beyond Blue | COVID-19
Bipolar Australia | Staying Home with Bipolar
Blue Knot | COVID-19 factsheet
e-Mental Health in Practice | Managing your mental health during COVID-19 (Factsheet on government-funded online, phone and app mental health support)
Grow | Mental Health Groups
Independent Community Living Australia | eFriend (Online Peer Support)
Mental Health Australia | Look after your mental health Australia
Mental Health Carers NSW
NSW Mental Health Commission | Mental Health and COVID-19
Red Cross | How to prepare for COVID-19 – 1800 733 276
Wayahead | Taking care of your mental health in the wake of COVID-19
World Health Organization | Mental health and psychosocial considerations during COVID-19
Resources for Organisations
Info for NSW Health funded NGOs
Mental Health Online
ASIC virtual AGM guidelines
Guidance for Disability Support Workers by NSW Health
eSafety Advice for Frontline Workers Supporting Women
WayAhead | Workplaces COVID-19 support
Resources for People with Disability and Providers by Department of Health:
– Information for Disability Support Providers and Workers
– A Guide for Home Care Providers
– Testing factsheets
COVID-19 Data on Wellbeing: Australian Bureau of Statistics
Global COVID-19 and Mental Health Webinars: Hosted by The Lancet Psychiatry, Mental Health Innovation Network, MHPSS.net and United for Global Mental Health
Governing Through a Crisis: Australian Institute of Company Directors info on governance practices
NSW Health COVID advice for residential disability services:
Resources for Multicultural Communities
NSW Multicultural Health Communication Service | COVID-19 in-language resources
NSW Health | COVID-19 translated resources
Community & Cultural Connections | Vietnamese
Community & Cultural Connections | Arabic
Indian Support Centre
Resources for Indigenous Communities
Aboriginal Health & Medical Research Council of NSW | COVID-19
Australian Indigenous Health Infonet | COVID-19 updates & information
WellMob (Social, emotional and cultural wellbeing online resources for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People)
Resources for Older Australians
Department of Health | COVID-19 information for older Australians
Seniors COVID-19 Support Line – 1800 171 866
Resources for Children and Families
Centre for Disease Control & Prevention | Helping Children Cope
Emerging Minds | Supporting children during COVID-19
Gidget Foundation | COVID-19 support
UNICEF | How to talk to children about COVID-19
Resources for Young People
Resources for LGBTBIQ+
Face Mask & Hygiene Info
Department of Health | Personal Protective Equipment for the health workforce
NDIS | Personal Protective Equipment Temporary Claims
Australian Commission on Safety & Quality in Health Care | COVID-19 and face masks
Australian Commission on Safety & Quality in Health Care | Infection Risk Management Fact Sheet
Resources for cleaning gyms and sensory rooms in health settings
Safe use of Sensory Equipment and Sensory Rooms
Poster for Gym and Sensory Rooms
Cleaning Guide for Exercise and Sensory Equipment
Poster on Cleaning Products for Staff
Cleaning of Ambulatory Care Centres
Fair Work Info
National Debt Helpline | COVID-19 – 1800 007 007
Alcohol and Other Drugs