Introduction to Motivational Interviewing – Online
This online introductory course teaches the fundamentals of Motivational Interviewing for use in person-centred counselling.
Introduction to Motivational Interviewing is a one-day, online training course designed to develop the skills and technique of Motivational Interviewing communication.
Motivational Interviewing is a guiding style of communication that uses the principles and practices of person-centred counselling to evoke a conversation with a person about their personal motivation for change.
What you will learn
- The principles underpinning Motivational Interviewing
- What is the spirit of Motivational Interviewing
- An understanding of motivation and ambivalence and exploring the stages of change
- Exploring Change Talk
- Introductions to O.A.R.S and Applied applications of Motivational Interviewing
- Introduction to self-care, and it’s benefits
Who is this for
Anyone interested in exploring the techniques of Motivational Interviewing, including:
- Mental Health Workers
- Mental Health Peer Workers
- Community Service Workers
- Allied Health Professionals
- Employment Sector Workers
This online workshop is delivered via E-Learning (Zoom) and includes didactic presentation, group discussion and interactive group activities.
How to enrol
Download our enrolment form, then send the completed form to us at email@example.com
Advanced Motivational Interviewing will be available online later in the year for participants who complete this course.
If you have questions or want more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org