Trainer and Assessor – Casual
The Mental Health Coordinating Council (MHCC) is the Peak body for organisations providing community mental health services throughout NSW. MHCC Learning & Development (LD) is a registered training organisation delivering mental health training to workers within the mental health community sector. Our commitment to superior training and assessment services can only be met by employing equally outstanding staff.
MHCC is looking for experienced Peer Workers to train and guide the next generation of Peer workers as they gain their Certificate IV in Mental Health Peer Work. Are you highly motivated with a strong commitment to providing excellent training and assessment? Applicants who are passionate, experienced and innovative in their approach with a “can do” attitude and excellent people skills will fit well in our dynamic, team focused environment.
Trainers and Assessors are responsible for:
- Delivery of accredited and relevant non accredited training
- Provide feedback to assist in the ongoing review of training products
- Promotion of Recovery and Recovery Oriented Practice and Trauma-informed approaches.
- Maintaining current in Peer Work and Community Sector practices
MHCC are seeking individuals who have utilised their recovery journeys in their role as a peer worker. And have experience in training and facilitation utilising this same lived experience of recovery (as a consumer/ carer).
If this sounds like you then apply today by sending your resume and a statement addressing the selection criteria below.
- Current and direct experience in the provision of peer work as a consumer/carer
- Demonstrable in depth understanding of the role of peer work in the mental health sector
- Experience in planning, preparing, delivering training in a community sector context
- Knowledge of Recovery and Recovery Oriented Practice in the mental health sector
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment TAE40110 (or working towards)
- Current drivers licence and willingness to travel within NSW and Interstate
- Certificate IV in Mental Health Peer Work CHC43515
- Experience in training, mentoring and leading other peer workers
- Experience working with culturally diverse groups
Contact email@example.com for all job enquires and application submissions. All job applications should include resume & cover letter addressing the criteria outlined in the advertised position. Applications that do not address selection criteria will not be considered.
MHCC promotes diversity and inclusion. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from different cultural backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ people and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.