Representing the community mental health sector for over 30 years
The Mental Health Coordinating Council (MHCC) is the peak body for community mental health organisations in New South Wales.
MHCC has been supporting community based organisations to deliver services to people with mental health issues, their families and carers since 1983.
Because mental health is everybody's business
We strive to raise the profile of mental health through our projects, submissions and by promoting partnership development.
MHCC is currently accredited under Australian Council on Healthcare Standards (ACHS).
FREE MHCC MEMBERS ONLY EVENT
Assisting long-term patients to live in the community
People with enduring and severe mental illness experience better quality of life and improved social outcomes if they can maintain living in the community. A strong acute mental health service is important and inpatient care in NSW will continue to grow in line with community needs. In 2015-16, all 380 patients in existing long-term care will be assessed to determine individual requirements to transition from hospital to community, where possible. Eligibility for access to support packages under the National Disability Insurance Scheme will also be considered.Over the next two years, it is expected that up to 100 patients (around 25 per cent) will begin to transition to more appropriate care in the community.
Robyn Murray, Senior Project Manager and Deborah Hoban, Senior Project Officer would like to take this opportunity to speak with you about the Mental Health Hospital to Community Initiative.
- Capacity reached -
Wednesday 1st April 2015
Venue change - Due to high attendance demand,
the talk will now be held in building 501, near MHCC office
Further details will be sent upon booking
- MHCC NSW Election Platform -This election platform paper represents MHCC and membership views expressed in consultation, as priority issues for the forthcoming election
- MHCC Submission - Minister Mental Health Jai Rowell : The NSW Mental Health Commission's Strategic Plan, and services for people with coexisting mental Illness and intellectual disability - March 2015
- Shift Your Career up a Gear with Smart & Skilled Traineeships and Targeted Priorities Subsidised Places - MHCC has two great opportunities to help you kick start your career. Read more
- NOW RECRUITING - Casual/Contractor Trainers required
Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management &
Trauma Specialist Trainers Needed APPLY NOW!
- View from the Peak - MHCC's quarterly newsletter OUT NOW!
- Check out the latest news on our Partnerships for Health Reforms page