MHCC members receive our weekly member e-news "FYI" and our quarterly news magazine "View from the Peak". They have access to and participate in activities and projects that further education, capacity building and advocacy in the sector, as well as accessing a broad range of member benefits such as discounts on training, workshops and conferences
Join Now. Fill in our Membership Application Form and send to MHCC, PO Box 668 Rozelle NSW 2039.
Joining MHCC will benefit your organisation, as well as the sector as a whole -
Have impact through collaboration
- Participate in: collaborative input to government processes and policy campaigning; forums and working groups; committees and projects.
Access practical support
- Discounts and access to training and resources.
- Link with other similar organisations.
Inform and stay informed
- MHCC will keep you up to date with information affecting our sector.
- Hear the experience of other agencies.
- Contribute to our sector’s quarterly publication View From The Peak.
- Education events, conferences, forums.
Direct and drive the sector
- As a member, you have a say in what MHCC does. Tell us what you think the sector needs.
- Members belong to an organisation that works with you and for you.
- Contribute to making the sector even more dynamic and responsive.
- Ordinary Members include not-for-profit Non Government Organisations (NGOs) whose business or activity is wholly or in part to promote the welfare and rehabilitation of people with mental health problems.
- Associate Members include organisations with an interest in mental health (eg. Divisions of GPs, Area Health Services).
- Branch Members are branches or departments of Ordinary or Associate Members.
- Subscription Members are individuals with an interest in the mental health NGO sector in NSW.
- All Members can access MHCC services and discounts.
- Only Ordinary Members have voting rights at MHCC general meetings and the right to nominate a delegate to the Board.
Members’ Code of Conduct
When joining MHCC, members agree to abide by the following Code of Conduct as part of the ongoing development of a united, professional, and quality-focused sector.
- Members are expected to demonstrate:
- Responsibility in promoting and advertising their services and activities by being truthful, factual and accurate in a manner that complies with all legal requirements.
- Recognition that the primary responsibility as a member of MHCC is to the incorporated body which is MHCC but that as a member of MHCC due regard for the interests of all stakeholders of the organisation is required.
- Co-operative and professional relationships with other members by not:
- publicly criticising or demeaning any other MHCC member in any way;
- divulging confidential information pertaining to MHCC, its members or its customers; or
- undermining MHCC’s interests, standing or reputation.
- Members affirm to:
- Act honestly and in the best interests of MHCC as a whole; and
- Recognise our shared obligation at all times to comply with the spirit as well as the letter of the law and with the principles of conduct that inform this Code.
- MHCC affirms to represent and treat all MHCC members professionally, ethically and courteously, without favour or prejudice.
What does it cost?
For organisations, fees are calculated on a sliding scale according to income/funding. Membership is renewable on a yearly basis. The current fees are:
|Organisation income (Inc GST)||Membership Fee|
|$1,001 - $100,000||$100|
|$100,001 - $250,000||$150|
|$250,001 - $500,000||$250|
|$500,001 - 1M||$350|
|$1M - $2M||$450|
|$2M - $5M||$550|
How do I join?
Simply download and complete the application form (PDF 4MB), then send it back to MHCC with a cheque or money order. All applications are considered by the Board, and upon acceptance of your application, you will receive a confirmation letter and a tax invoice.
MHCC endeavours to keep the information correct and up to date, but accepts no responsibility for incorrect information. If you detect any incorrect or out of date information, please contact MHCC at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 9555 8388 x 0.