- Working for a peak body supporting community mental health organisations
- Be an integral part of the senior leadership team
- Sydney inner west location with parking available
The Mental Health Coordinating Council (MHCC) is the peak body for organisations providing community mental health services throughout NSW.
For nearly 40 years, MHCC have worked to build the capacity of community organisations to support people on their recovery journeys. This is achieved through advocating for policy development and legislative reform and also by offering responsive and flexible mental health training and professional development opportunities.
Working closely with MHCC members, consumers, carers and other stakeholders, MHCC represent the views of the mental health sector to the government and broader human services sector.
Reporting to the CEO, this broad role encompasses operational and administrative activities, including responsibility for HR, office management, board secretariat, governance and compliance.
Specifically you will:
- Work with the leadership team to coordinate necessary policy, procedure and budget reviews
- Build relationships with external suppliers and contractors, including ICT and funding partners
- Manage recruitment and employment contracts and advise on any HR issues
- Responsible for continuous improvement and quality accreditation processes
- Provide executive support to the CEO and assist with board papers and meetings
- Lead and mentor one direct report within the administration and finance function
This Administration Manager role can be flexible, working either 4 or 5 days per week and it is a 2 year fixed term contract initially.
You will be an experienced administration or office manager, who can quickly adapt to competing demands. Additionally, you will have:
- An operations, HR or administration background from the non-profit sector
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Understanding of governance, risk, policy and compliance within small to medium organisations
- Familiar with software such as Office 365, MYOB, HRIS and CRM systems
- Knowledge of membership or peak bodies, or interest in supporting the community mental health sector
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in business administration or HR, or equivalent knowledge and experience
If you are passionate about health and wellbeing and want to utilise your management and administration skills, please apply by sending your CV together with a cover letter responding to the skills required section above.
If you have any specific questions, please email email@example.com or call (02) 8243 0570.
All job applications should include resume & cover letter addressing the criteria outlined in the advertised position. Applications that do not address selection criteria will not be considered.
MHCC promotes diversity and inclusion. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from different cultural backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ people and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.