Embracing Change: Applying Practice Standards in Psychosocial Disability Services
Posted on: 16th September 2019
ADVISORY GROUP: EOI
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Quality and Safeguards Commission has provided funding under the NDIS Provider Program to the Mental Health Coordinating Council (MHCC) to deliver the project ‘Embracing Change: Applying the Practice Standards in Psychosocial Disability Services’.
The project is aiming to create greater national awareness and understanding of the Quality and Safety Commission’s Practice Standards and Quality Indicators as they apply to the provision of psychosocial support services. It also aims to support providers to reflect on and improve their service delivery practices that align with the Standards.
The project will involve the delivery of ten interactive and informative webinars and one forum over the next two years.
MHCC is seeking Expressions of Interest for the Advisory Group for this project. We are wanting to hear from and involve organisations that provide services/supports to people living with, or at risk to develop, psychosocial disability and their supporters. This will be a great opportunity to be involved in a shared learning experience and to support the transition of services to the new requirements.
MHCC especially welcome applications from:
- Quality or Compliance mangers, coordinators or team leaders or officers – from existing or prospective providers of NDIS psychosocial support services
- Service managers, coordinators or team leaders – from existing or prospective providers of NDIS psychosocial support services
- NDIS participants who live with psychosocial disability
- Carers (family members or friends) of participants who live with psychosocial disability
Membership is open to anyone who is interested in psychosocial support services and the NDIS. MHCC is also interested in representation from:
- Mental Health Executives, Managers, Team Leaders, Service Coordinators, Mental Health and Peer Workers;
- Other NDIS service providers
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people;
The Advisory Group will meet via teleconference on ten occasions throughout the project with the first meeting arranged for October 2019. The remaining meetings scheduled as follows:
- October 2019
- December 2019
- Early March 2020
- Early May 2020
- Early July 2020
- Early September 2020
- Mid December Oct 2020
- Late February 2021
- Mid April 2021
- Mid July 202
Consumer and carer representatives may be eligible to paid for their participation.
If you are interested in participating in the advisory group, please contact Vanessa Bell on firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 October 2019.
For enquiries, you can also contact Vanessa on 9555 8388 Ext 112